JOIN US for a night of community and creativity, Sunday, December 17th!
Whether you're a seasoned musician, a budding comedian, or simply someone who wants to share a poem or personal story, you are welcome at the High Tide Coffee Open Mic Night. Heck, if you just want to LISTEN to all those people perform, come on down!
We will have a fantastic craft beer selection and full coffee menu available!
High Tide Open Mic will be hosted by Kyara Kalb.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT OPEN MIC
The format is usually pretty simple: people sign up for a slot to perform, and then they take turns sharing their talents with the audience. The performances can be anything from music and comedy to spoken word poetry and magic tricks.
If you're new to open mic night, here are a few tips:
- Be supportive! Open mic night is all about supporting one another. Be sure to clap and cheer for the performers, regardless of their skill level.
- Be respectful! Be respectful of the performers and the other audience members. No talking or heckling while someone is performing.
- Be prepared! If you're planning on performing, be sure to arrive a few minutes early to confirm your sign up, familiarize yourself with the house sound equipment and get your gear set up.
- Relax and have fun! Don't take things too seriously.
Additional Tips for Performing at Open Mic Night:
- Choose your material wisely: Pick something that you're passionate about and that you feel confident performing.
- Practice, practice, practice: The more you rehearse, the more comfortable you'll be on stage.
- Be yourself: Don't try to be someone you're not. The audience will appreciate your authenticity.
- Connect with the audience: Make eye contact with the audience and let them know that you're enjoying yourself.
- Don't be afraid to make mistakes: Everyone makes mistakes. Just laugh it off or ignore it and keep going.
- Again... Have fun! Open mic night is a great opportunity to express yourself and share your talents with the world. So relax, have fun, and enjoy the experience!